Biography
Writing
Contact
Links
Book Club
Blog

Thursday 17 September 2015

CANADIAN BOY IN LOVE




       CANADIAN BOY IN LOVE

Meet me at Tim Hortons,
I’ll buy you a maple dip
and kiss you in the corner booth.

We’ll talk of the weather
the way a snow day smells different from others
make plans for friday night - 
a movie, a beer, or two.

It will take weeks for me
to say, “I love you,”
though I felt it in that
corner booth kiss.

We’ll talk of travel,
dream of going far enough north
to hear the Northern Lights crackle
and sled dogs bark.

Just once we’ll try making love 
in a red cedar canoe.
And never forget how cold that water was
on two shocked bare bums.

We’ll scramble to the dock
shivering, you’ll ask, “Was it good for you?”
Laugh and work together to drain 
and dock that damn canoe.

If you’ll meet me in that Tim’s corner booth,
we’ll kiss, we’ll talk , hold hands
to go outside together
in darkness and falling snow.

 
 
                     D.G. Peart 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment